As you may be aware D&d Letterpress is a small team of just a few dedicated people working hard to produce beautifully hand crafted stationery for you, our lovely clients. In order to keep things running smoothly along the way we’ve developed these terms & conditions to keep you in the know as to how we operate.
D&d design process
- A design deposit is required to commence the design phase. Once we have received this and the final wording from you, allow up to 15 business days (approximately) to finalise your design.
- Once the digital proof has been approved by you we require a 50% deposit of the remaining balance to proceed with printing. Allow another 10-15 business days for the printing process. By approving the design (once you have checked design and wording with a fine tooth comb) you accept that any changes required after this point come at an additional cost to you to cover any costs involved.
- Once the printing has been completed we will send an invoice for the final balance which is required before collection or delivery. Please advise if you would like us to arrange delivery and we can add this to the final invoice.
Printing with D&d
- Please ensure you have read the set-up steps necessary on the FAQs section of our website before sending us your final print ready artwork. Any adjustments required by us to make the files print ready will require additional charges.
- Large floods of colour can look great however have certain tendencies when printed using the letterpress process. As we aim to achieve a deboss in everything we print (unless requested otherwise) this can cause warping in the paper as well as a mottled effect where the paper colour shows through the thin flood of ink
- Allow up to 12-15 business days for us to print your project from date of receiving 50% deposit and final artwork. We work as quickly as we can to keep within this timeframe so please refrain from asking how your project is going as it slows down production. If circumstances change and you require your invitations sooner than this we may be able to push your print production forward with an express fee.
- We mix our inks based on the Pantone Colour Matching System – specifically the Pantone Solid Uncoated range. We mix the ink by hand and eye therefore sometimes there can be 5-10% variance to the specified colour. For corporate projects, if colour is crucial to brand recognition we offer a colour proof at an additional cost. Please make sure you ask for this if required.
- The beauty of letterpress is that it is evidently touched by hand. This means that each piece may not be one hundred percent identical but this is probably the reason you chose letterpress in the first place!
- Any cancellations of the project will not be refunded and additional artwork and sundry charges may apply if changes are required.
We use a same day courier service within Sydney for an additional $20. For deliveries interstate we use Australia Post and quote per project based on weight and size. We carefully wrap and package each of your pieces with love and care. Any damage or loss caused once it has left D&d is not our responsibility. We are more than happy for you to collect from our studio during business hours or arrange your own courier and/or insurance.
We offer express services if required sooner than our standard turn around time, please let us know before proceeding if you require these services.
Now the boring stuff is over, we look forward to working with you, thanks for your time!